The Digital transformation of Health Care
Anik Bose (General partner at BGV) and Ranjeet Vidwans (CMO at Blue Cedar Networks) share their perspective on the transformation underway in the Healthcare economy. The Digital transformation of the Healthcare economy is being driven by several trends. These include:
- The push towards Triple Aim – improving the experience of care, improving the health of populations and reducing per capita costs of health care (http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/27/3/759.full). As a consequence the industry is in transition – moving from fee-for-service to clinical outcome/value-based.
- Rising cyber security breaches are shifting attention towards improving the security of patient health & other compliance-critical data, and the posture of the devices from which this data is accessed
- Increasing adoption of health related smart phone apps is creating the potential for improved productivity through collaboration
- Innovation around big data analytics is enabling the analysis of data from multiple sources in novel ways, to improve patient care and patient health outcomes
- Evolution in Consumer and Clinician expectations is shifting the healthcare eco-system model to a more mobile, more accessible and more connected one – see chart below: