ConteXtream, HP to Showcase ETSI NFV PoC at SDN & OpenFlow World Congress
ConteXtream CEO Nachman Shelef Also to Present on Achieving Full Benefits of Virtualization Through Deployment of NFV Infrastructure Mountain View, Calif. — October 13, 2014 — ConteXtream, a leading provider of carrier-grade network virtualization solutions, today announced a public showcase of subscriber-aware virtual network function (VNF) chaining with HP in the ETSI PoC ZONE at SDN & OpenFlow World Congress, October 14-17 in Dusseldorf, Germany. In addition, ConteXtream CEO and co-founder, Nachman Shelef will provide insight into how to achieve full virtualization benefits from NFV infrastructure deployments. “Service chaining makes it easier and less expensive to spin up applications in service provider networks. It is an essential NFV capability for our customers,” said Werner Schaefer, vice president, Network Functions Virtualization, HP. “ConteXtream’s experience in SDN and NFV enables HP to deliver a best-in-class solution to our customers.” Hosted by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) at the upcoming SDN & OpenFlow World Congress, the NFV PoC ZONE showcases SDN and NFV solutions from selected companies in an effort to raise awareness and build confidence in NFV as a viable approach to addressing service provider network demands. The ETSI NFV PoC provides the opportunity service providers and industry participants to engage with the PoC participants to discuss their results, learn about the challenges they faced and discuss what they see as the next steps for NFV implementation. The SDN & OpenFlow World Congress brings together more than 1,300 industry leaders, first users and solution innovators. The event is Europe’s principal SDN & NFV knowledge exchange, and has expanded greatly since its inception in 2012, as has the SDN World Exhibition. This year’s event will showcase solutions from over 60 suppliers. WHO:
- HP and ConteXtream representatives will be demonstrating in the ETSI PoC ZONE.
- Nachman Shelef, CEO, chairman and co-founder of ConteXtream. Shelef’s background includes founding and leading NiceCom, a company acquired by 3Com. Following the acquisition, Shelef worked as VP of Business Development as well as VP and GM of several 3Com organizations based in Santa Clara, Boston and Israel. Shelef obtained his B.Sc. Summa cum Laude in computer engineering from Technion-Machon Technologi Le’ Israel.
- Demonstration in ETSI PoC ZONE – ConteXtream and HP will showcase their collaboration on an ETSI-approved PoC for service chaining virtual network functions together on an NFV infrastructure.
- Nachman Shelef’s presentation entitled “NFV Infrastructure to Deliver the Full Benefits of Virtualization” will examine how to deploy NFV infrastructure in the most efficient, effective way to provide the most seamless experience.
- ETSI PoC ZONE- Open Wednesday, October 15th through Friday, October 17th during exhibit hall hours.
- Presentation by Nachman Shelef: Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 4:35 p.m. CEST
- ETSI PoC demonstrations will take place in the ETSI PoC ZONE (POC #15), where subscriber aware SGi/Gi-LAN virtualization demonstration will be shown.
- The presentation by Nachman Shelef will be in the Congress 2 (Diana 2) section of the SDN & OpenFlow World Congress 2014, located at the Swissôtel Düsseldorf / Neuss, Rheinallee 1, D-41460 Neuss, Düsseldorf, Germany.